This popular catalogue lists and prices the stamps of Australia, its states and dependencies. The level of detail will be familiar to users of the company’s ‘Part 1’ Commonwealth Catalogue.
As well as Australia itself, the catalogue lists the stamps of the former colonies of New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia, as well as the issues of the British Commonwealth Occupation Force (Japan), Australian Antarctic Territory, Christmas Island, Cocos(Keeling) Islands, Norfolk Island and the Pre-independence issues of Nauru (to 1968), New Guinea, Papua and Papua New Guinea (to 1975).
- Watermark varieties, shades, plate flaws, major errors, booklets, postage dues, official stamps, postal fiscals and telegraph stamps are all included and there is a helpful guide to prices of stamps on cover up to 1945
- Prices for this widely collected area have been carefully revised and updated in line with the current market. Valuations for Australian States, especially mint, as well as errors and varieties, including inverted watermarks, have been marked up significantly in many cases.
- The catalouge also includes a full listing of the stamps of German New Guinea, including German stamps used in the former colony between 1888 and 1897
- Details of issues up to 1970 have been extracted from the current Stanley Gibbons 2019 Commonwealth and British Empire Catalogue. Later issues have been revised and updated especially for this catalogue
- A comprehensive index of Australian commemorative and pictorial stamps since 1942 allows individual stamps to be easily identified
Alos new for this edition:
In Australia there is a new note giving assistance in distinguishing between the three single Crown over A watermarks found on the Kangaroo and Map definitives. There are new illustrations, notably in the New South Wales ‘Sydney Views’ and Papua ‘Lakatois’ and a number of additions have been made to the listings of booklets and watermark varieties. New plate varieties include the ‘Falling mailbag’ on the 1931 3d. Airmail stamp of Australia and the ‘Halo’ flaw on the 1d. Coronation stamp of Papua.
New issue listings have been updated as follows: Australia (to September 2018), Australian Antarctic Territory (to September 2018) Christmas Island ( to August 2018) Cocos (Keeling) Islands (to June 2018) and Norfolk Island (to September 2018).