- ONE-YEAR-ONLY 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF APOLLO 11 COMMEMORATIVE – The 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coin features Neil Armstrong’s footprint on the obverse and the image of Armstrong’s famous photo of Buzz in which Aldrin’s visor reflects an image of Armstrong standing beside the landing module. The unique design that mimics the visor of an astronaut’s helmet represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – These commemorative coins have been struck at the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia in 26.73 grams of highly pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are one dollar legal tender in the United States.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019-P Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Dollar will come in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautiful details! Your coin will also come displayed in its official government packaging.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The U.S. Mint is limiting this release to a combination of just 400,000 proof and uncirculated coins.
Metal: 99.9% Silver
Diameter: 1.5 inches
Weight: 26.73 g
Mint Mark: P