Stamps of The World 6 Volumes Simplified Catalogues Stanley Gibbions 2018 A-Z
or 4 payments of $80.00 with InfoIn Stock
The Stamps of the World Simplified Catalogue lists commemorative, definitive, air-mail, postage dues, official stamps and miniature sheets. All stamps have the universally recognised and individual Stanley Gibbons (SG) catalogue number and are set out according to date of issue of the stamps, by country, with helpful introductory notes guide the reader through.
Stamps of the World at a glance
• Covers stamps of the entire world
• Easy-to-use simplified listings
• Illustrated in colour throughout with over 170,000 images
• Approximately 7500 pages across 6 volumes
• Listings and layout have been completely re-designed in an easy-to-read format.
• Extra colour introduced into the listing to make them easier to navigate.
• Thousands of stamps throughout Stamps of the World have been re-priced both mint and used.
• Over 2250 new stamps and 700 images
• In addition, over 400 newly recognized SG numbers added.
• Stamps are now listed in SG number order for ease of use.
• Stamps of the World is a must for the Thematic Collector
• Having problems with stamp identification? Read our extensive article packed with helpful information.
• All volumes published simultaneously for your convenience
• Universally recognised Stanley Gibbons numbering system.
• Contents and full indexing.
• Introductory information, including full contents listings and a complete guide to entries giving full detail of what every listing means
• Expanded indices
Stamps of the World contains helpful information on the currencies appearing on stamps, descriptions of the designs, descriptions of surcharges and overprints, paper colour, stamp colours, se-tenant pairs, miniature sheets, and appendices with brief listings of stamps not fulfilling the conditions for full catalogue listing.
As well as postage stamps, the catalogue lists postage due stamps, parcel post stamps, official stamps, express and special delivery stamps, charity and compulsory tax stamps, newspaper and journal stamps, printer matter stamps, registration stamps, acknowledgement of receipt stamps, late fee and too late stamps, military post stamps, recorded message stamps and personal delivery stamps.
Extensive re-pricing of the following countries since the previous edition:
• Great Britain
• Channel Islands and Isle of Man
• All Commonwealth and British Empire Countries for the period 1840-1970
• New Zealand
• Netherlands, Aruba, Caribisch Nederland, Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles, Netherlands Indies, Netherlands New Guinea, St. Maarten and Suriname
• Czechoslovakia, Czechoslovak Army in Siberia, East Silesia, Bohemia and Moravia, Czech Republic and Slovakia
• Fiji, Gilbert and Ellice Islands, Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
• Finland, Sweden and Aland Islands