Croatia 2020 The First Crypto Mini Sheet / Digital Stamp In Ethereum Blockchain
or 4 payments of $5.00 with InfoIn Stock
Croatian First Crypto Stamp
Issue Date: 09.09.2020
Size: 85.60 mm x 53.98 mm
Values: HRK 50.00
About Stamp Day – Croatian Post Crypto Stamp
Croatian Post, in cooperation with the Croatian blockchain community gathered around the Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Association, presents the Croatian crypto stamp. An incredible combination of philately and modern technology arrives in the 12th year after the appearance of blockchain technology in its first emanation – the bitcoin cryptocurrency.
Digital Stamps are divided into 5 different categories/motifs:
Drone: 1,000 copies
Airplane: 4,000 copies
Ship: 10,000 copies
Train: 25,000 copies
Van: 60,000 copies
The Crypto stamp consists of two parts, a standard physical stamp and a digital “token” enabling the owner to save the stamp in his/her digital wallet. The physical stamp in the value of HRK 50 may be used for sending mail items, like any other stamp. The digital part of a Crypto stamp is a digital token created on the Ethereum platform. It is represented as a non-fungible token (NFT) in the blockchain, in accordance with the ERC721 standard. Such tokens are typically used for digital items with collectible value, such as the Crypto stamp. The digital token can be used in all ERC721 (NFT) applications, such as OpenSea, as well as with wallets supporting such tokens (e.g. Trust Wallet).
How to activate the crypto stamp
The digital part of a Crypto stamp must be activated on the blockchain network. There is no activation time limit and you can activate it at any moment. You can view your Crypto stamp on Croatia Post website at any moment by entering its serial number or its Ethereum address in the Wallet Overview.
1. The Crypto stamp overview webpage allows you to find out all the information about your Crypto stamp, see what it looks like, check its category and activation status. If a stamp has not been previously activated, you can activate it here by selecting "Activate".
2. To activate a stamp, you need an Ethereum wallet (MetaMask is used in this case) and the amount of Ether (ETH) required to cover the transaction costs (gas). Transaction costs (gas) may vary depending on the network status, but they typically range between 0.009 and 0.033 ETH.
After selecting "Activate", you will be asked to select one of the Ethereum wallets that can be used to activate the stamp (if you are using Trust Wallet, you can also connect via Wallet Connect).
3. After selecting MetaMask, a transaction confirmation window will open. At this point, you must use the Ether purchased in order to pay the transaction costs and activate the Crypto stamp, which makes it visible across the Ethereum network.
4. After selecting “Confirm”, you will see a message that the transaction is pending. The transaction is processed by miners on the network, which can take several minutes.
5. The “Activate” option will no longer be available for a Crypto stamp that has been activated successfully. A new option – “See on Etherscan” – links to Etherscan (Ethereum network explorer). Etherscan allows you to view all the information recorded in the blockchain network.